A Message from Susan Hildreth, PLP CEO:
Thank you all for your participation in the PLP strategic workshop sessions this fall. We have provided for your information the summary report of these meetings. There is detailed information included in this report which provides much background for the findings. I would encourage you to closely review pages 3-6. Click here for the report.
I saw PLP values and priorities in the “Patterns and Themes” section:
• Intentional collaboration in providing services and access to content
• Investment priorities – staff development, marketing skills, making and demonstrating program and service impact
“Service Ideas” are not surprising and provide a clear roadmap for activities:
• Continued professional development and leadership training
• Development of a robust knowledge platform to share best practices and provide opportunity for effective communication
• Provision of direct professional services (non-English language acquisition and processing) to members as well as access to consultants for specialized services through PLP contracts
The following initiatives were deemed high priorities in both the workshops and the follow-up survey:
• Staff Training and Professional Development
• Knowledge Platform/Document Repository
• Data Analytics Platform
• Regional and Local Needs Assessment
• Shared E-resource Search Platform for Convenient Access
• Models for Community Engagement
• Access to Professional Expertise/Consultants
• Future Library Organizational Model
The report identified strategies to move forward including identifying simpler initiatives (low-hanging fruit) to demonstrate success/value; building on existing services and technologies to leverage more value for all and facilitating leadership teams from PLP to develop more complex initiatives.
These findings were presented to the PLP Executive Committee for their consideration at their January 21, 2016 meeting. We will be following up to develop short and long-term goals and action steps. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or feedback.