City of Santa Clara is recruiting to fill a senior library assistant position. See job announcement for more information.
Category Archives: Jobs
This position offers a career building opportunity for an experienced library manager or administrator. Working under the direction of the County Librarian, the incumbent will provide professional and administrative leadership as part of the Library’s Executive Committee, as well as planning, organizing, and directing operations for Library Branches and the Learning Group. The Deputy County Librarian will function as the Library’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), overseeing system-wide operations and special projects.
To learn more about this position please click on the following link to view the recruitment brochure: HERE
The ideal candidate is an experienced and thoughtful Library administrator with strong project management, communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be:
- Adept at both strategy and implementation;
- Highly effective at managing Library operations;
- Experienced in the implementation of strategic planning from conception to completion;
- Flexible and decisive while handling a wide variety of situations with diplomacy and tact;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in working with diverse community residents, library users, and library staff;
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service, both internal and external;
- Highly motivated to accomplish library goals and objectives, encouraging collaboration across organizational divisions;
- Committed to leading and managing organizational change;
- Experienced in data driven analysis and evaluation;
- Aware of current best practices in libraries;
- Experienced in handling complex labor relations issues while working in a strong unionized environment; and
- Politically astute.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification. However, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Each individual in the classification does not necessarily perform all duties listed.
1. Oversees daily operations of the Library;
2. Oversees long-term system-wide projects, including development and implementation of a new service model in the unincorporated Cherryland within the next two years, and construction of a new Newark Library within the next five years;
3. Studies and analyzes the Library’s opportunities and challenges and recommends improvements;
4. In the absence of the County Librarian, assumes leadership and direction of the Library’s Executive Committee and represents the County Librarian at meetings, conferences and similar functions;
5. Assists in developing and implementing goals and objectives, policies, procedures, programs, and work standards for the Library;
6. Mentors and develops employees to build organizational capacity;
7. Represent the Library in civic and community venues; and,
8. Performs related work as assigned.
Experience: The equivalent of two years’ full-time experience in the class of Principal Librarian.
Experience: The equivalent of five years of full-time experience as a Deputy Librarian (or equivalent classification) in a similar urban, suburban, or city library system.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science,
Experience: The equivalent of five years of full-time, recent, increasingly responsible supervisory and administrative experience in a community library system, that included at least three years of experience at a level comparable to that of Principal Librarian in the Alameda County classified service.
A degree in Public Administration is highly desirable.
Must possess a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
|FILING DEADLINE||8/1/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|SALARY||$58.70 – $71.43/hour; $122,096.00 – $148,574.40/year|
|EMPLOYMENT TYPE||Permanent Full-Time Employment|
|HR ANALYST||Anna Montoya|
Berkeley Public Library is seeking an engaged librarian for the role of Library Services Manager. The Library Services Manager is part of the senior management team with responsibility for major system wide programs, services, and operations. A successful Library Services Manager will provide motivational leadership and build productive working relationships with staff at all levels. Apply by 7/31.
This job is for you if you like to:
- Mentor and coach employees
- Stimulate and actively initiate change
- Analyze complex issues
- Take initiative and tackle difficult problems
- Build relationships and engage with a diverse community
- Employ empathy and transparency in communications
- Learn, grow, and have fun at work
Your skill set:
- Politically savvy
- Commitment to exceptional customer service and user experience improvement
- Adept at collaboration and teambuilding
- Able to seek common ground to resolve conflicts constructively
- Experience developing and implementing plans to reach challenging goals
- Experience evaluating patron experiences of library services
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Ability to set priorities and evaluate results
- Broad knowledge of current best practices in libraries
The Salinas Public Library is hiring for two senior level librarian positions. We are looking for excellent leaders and strategists to help develop services that teach, stir curiosity, build community and nurture lifelong learning for our customers. One position will be responsible for envisioning, planning and delivering adult programming from classes/workshop on important health topics, legal rights and arts/culture, to supporting adult learning and literacy. The second position will be responsible for envisioning, planning and delivering classes and programming for youth that support early learning, STEAM education and much more.
Yes, you may have seen these jobs posted previously and we’ll continue to post until we find the right candidates. We’re very selective and very persistent! You may be the person we’re searching for if:
- Working in library or educational agency isn’t just a “job” to you it’s a mission.
- You’re passionate about the public library’s power to transform lives and you want to work in a community where, with persistence, you can see that you’re making a difference each day.
- You see the public library as not just a “quality of li fe” service, but as an essential educational agency that empowers residents to pursue and attain success.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing and challenging environment.
- You know how to achieve a vision through teamwork
Application deadline: Open till filled (apply soon to receive first consideration!)
The San José Public Library is currently recruiting Senior Librarians to manage some of our branches.
The San José Public Library is currently seeking to fill two (2) Senior Librarian positions. Senior Librarians manage branch libraries or a major unit of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Library. They are responsible for ensuring that system policies, programs and service initiatives are implemented and for ensuring efficient and appropriate delivery of service and programs. In addition, there are system support duties that enhance the development and improvement of library services to the community, which involve participation on or facilitation of teams and task forces. It is also critical for Senior Librarians to play a large role in enhancing the development and improvement of services to the community.
The ideal candidates for the positions will be strong and innovative leaders with awareness of the the Mission, Vision, & Values statements of the City of San José and the San José Public Library.
They will possess a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of increasingly responsible professional library experience, including supervision or lead responsibility for professional and/or technical staff. They will have knowledge of current library technology and trends; they will have experience working with a diverse community and staff, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative team environment.
The library is recruiting for two (2) Senior Librarian to manage Branch Libraries, and there is an additional vacancy anticipated for later this summer.
Closing Date: July 10, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Minimum Salary: $85,529.60 Yearly
Maximum Salary: $104,208.00 Yearly
To apply, visit sanjoseca.gov/citycareers and choose Open-Competitive Recruitments.