Mastering the Library Interview
Library staff positions at all levels are starting to open and interviews are being scheduled. The interview process can be stressful. You go through multiple rounds of never-ending interviews that may lead to nowhere. Learn from our panel of Directors, managers, and library staff as they offer their experience on being on both sides of the table as an interviewer and an interviewee, including:
- How to construct your interview answers so that you can put your best self out there.
- How to connect virtually while being interviewed with many key staff over multiple interview rounds (and how to handle with interview fatigue).
- Learn how to find clues to learn what employers are looking for in a potential candidate.
- How to explain career changes, furloughs, layoffs, or temporary unemployment.
- How to highlight your current job situation even if it isn’t ideal.This is an informal and interactive event so bring your questions for the panel. Questions about this training, email Tierney Alvarado email@example.com. Questions about registration, please call (650) 349-5538, or send an email to PLPadmin01@plpinfo.org.