If you’ve never had a chance to do a workshop with Becky and John, here’s your chance. They are amazing, inspiring, and engaging.
Leading From Any Position: Influencing Library Effectiveness and Responsiveness
Instructors: Becky Schreiber and John Shannon
Dates and Locations: April 22-23, 2013 at the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza
April 25-26, 2013 at the Doubletree Hotel Ontario Airport
For more information and to register for this course: Click the link to Online Registration at:
Fee: $75 for those in the California library community
Special Note Regarding Fee: Thanks to the generous support of the California State Library, the $75 fee for this workshop covers not only two days of training, but also meals for those days and one night in the hotel where the workshop is held. It also covers the one-day follow-up session, including continental breakfast and lunch on that day. In other words, this is a real bargain! Due to the special funding, registration is limited to the California library community.
Leading From Any Position is a workshop developed by Becky Schreiber and John Shannon of Schreiber Shannon Associates to give you the knowledge and skills to analyze work processes, make data based decisions, and facilitate more effective meetings – from any position in the library. We will provide strategies for helping your library be more agile in responding to user needs by creating an organizational culture of exploration and knowledge sharing.
Some of the benefits of coming to LFAP:
• You will be able to steer the direction of your work instead of being at the mercy of the usual distractions, inefficiencies, and disconnections.
• You’ll have more influence and have less frustration when you clarify individual work priorities within the context of the system’s priorities.
• Your credibility will expand when you start supporting your opinions with data, building the capacity of your work team to study an issue, build data, and make informed decisions to move into the future.
• You will enhance your meetings when you learn to be a better team member, facilitating decision-making even when you are not in charge.
• You will improve your library’s culture starting from your own position, by changing your behavior and holding others accountable in diplomatic and effective ways.
Who Should Attend: As its title implies, LFAP is open to anyone from the California library community with an interest in developing skills to be more influential in their work. We are hoping to attract those of you who are enthusiastic about contributing your best to your library, but who may have met obstacles in that effort. This workshop is also appropriate for library business managers, procurement officers, public information officers, systems staff, facilities managers or anyone else on staff who wants to improve the organizational culture through their own initiative.
If you have questions about registration, please contact Gini Ambrosino, the Infopeople Project Assistant, at email@example.com or by phone at 916-690-6595.