The Salinas Public Library is hiring for two senior level librarian positions. We are looking for excellent leaders and strategists to help develop services that teach, stir curiosity, build community and nurture lifelong learning for our customers. One position will be responsible for envisioning, planning and delivering adult programming from classes/workshop on important health topics, legal rights and arts/culture, to supporting adult learning and literacy. The second position will be responsible for envisioning, planning and delivering classes and programming for youth that support early learning, STEAM education and much more.
Yes, you may have seen these jobs posted previously and we’ll continue to post until we find the right candidates. We’re very selective and very persistent! You may be the person we’re searching for if:
- Working in library or educational agency isn’t just a “job” to you it’s a mission.
- You’re passionate about the public library’s power to transform lives and you want to work in a community where, with persistence, you can see that you’re making a difference each day.
- You see the public library as not just a “quality of li fe” service, but as an essential educational agency that empowers residents to pursue and attain success.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing and challenging environment.
- You know how to achieve a vision through teamwork
Application deadline: Open till filled (apply soon to receive first consideration!)