Successful Librarians Share Their Stories of Career Growth and Advancement, a webinar with Deb Hunt and David Grossman
Date: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 12 noon Pacific Time
This webinar will last approximately one hour. Webinars are free of charge. Please note: we have changed hosting services fromWebEx to Adobe Connect, so we advise you to test your browser before the webinar: http://intesolv.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
For more information and to participate in the Thursday, September 6, 2012 webinar, go to http://infopeople.org/training/librarians-share-their-stories.
- How are some librarians finding practical ways to cope, successfully navigate, and even thrive in the face of a lingering recession?
- How can you recognize and avoid the most common mistakes that can determine the difference between success and failure in any career situation?
- How can you to reinvent yourself and prepare for success in a new career in a very different or less traditional role?
- What secrets can be learned from successful individuals who have become leaders in the library/information profession?
- What new career opportunities are possible for you and how can you plan a strategy to pursue something new?
This webinar will assist library staff, both professional and paraprofessional, in understanding the wide range of career opportunities available to them and how to visualize a path to success. A number of successful and unsuccessful stories will be discussed.
Attendees will review and analyze successful and unsuccessful case studies to help them chart a path to career advancement, such as moving into a less traditional library role or making a lateral move into a very different career. They will also learn how to identify, select and acquire the most relevant “front runner” or leadership “personas” that contribute to professional success in the current climate.
If you are unable to attend the live event, you can access the archived version the day following the webinar. Check our archive listing at: http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived